Sunday, July 12, 2009

Our Journey Begins: Sara's Story

Ever since I was little, I had the idea that adoption would be part of my family plan. When Megan and Emily were born less than two years apart, and pregnancy had taken it's toll on me, we made the decision that our two precious girls would be our only children by birth, but in the back of our minds the door of expanding our family has never been closed.

Within the last few months, both Tony and I seperatly had been thinking this is our time to take the next step, and through our talks and prayers, we are feeling led to expand our family, in a new way.

We have already started by asking the advice of friends who have already been on this journey. We are researching both domestic and international and it has been interesting to see how many families are in our life who have already adopted and have so much to share with us. This coming week our girls will be in VBS in the evenings, and we are looking forward to more opportunities to talk and ask some of the many questions that are flying through our minds. We are just praying that God's plan becomes clear to us as to which path to follow.

It's such a different feeling than making the decision to have Megan and Emily. There are so many unknowns facing us at this early point, but I can't help but think that there may be some woman somewhere who is already carrying the baby that will become our child. I'm glad to know that I have a God who is big enough to take care of all the details.

Thank you for joining us and following us on this journey into uncharted waters for our family. And to our child, know that mommy and daddy already love you and you are a part of us before we even know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...