So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. -Luke 7:9-10
Last Sunday, after I was thoroughly confused as to what to do and which way we were headed. The girls had spent the night at my parents, so I was taking a slow Sunday morning to sort through our overload of information and thoughts. I spend some time in prayer over what path was going to be right for us. I wasn't exactly sure what I was looking for, but I knew when I had found it.
After pouring my heart out to God, I decided to check in with a "friend's" blog (ok, not really a close friend, but Tony and I had the privilege to drive her up to Williams and take her to lunch once when she was speaking at Central's women's conference). I hadn't read Lysa's blog in a while and stumbled across an entry that made me stop in my tracks, and then it linked to a second, more powerful blog.
Blog #1 (specifically the last paragraph--Hope is Lysa's 15 year old daughter who spent the summer in Ethiopia)
then
Blog #2
I was in tears and resolved that this is what we need to do. That I can't stand another day without moving toward receiving our new daughter. I went up to tell Tony and we talked and prayed (even until it was too late to make it to the service at church we were planning to attend). We now know that we are headed to Ethiopia to add to our family. There is a baby there who needs us, and we need her. At that point Tony also told me that he had come to that conclusion already, and was just waiting for me.
We also decided that it was finally time to let the girls in our plan, and found the perfect little restaurant to take them for after church lunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment