Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Longing

I'm especially longing for our baby today. One of my very best friends is about to have her baby in the next few weeks, and I just wonder about who our baby is and when we will hold her. On hand, I have the mothering and nesting desires that I had with each pregnancy, but without a due date or even knowing how old she will be, I can't shop yet or plan her room. With Megan and Emily we chose their names early in pregnancy and it helped to connect with them, but we will be incorporating her Ethiopian name, so we can't even do that yet until we are matched.
I'm trying to remind myself to embrace the journey. And we are excited to grow our family in a way that most families will never experience. But, today is just one of those harder days.

2 comments:

  1. Sara,
    I can't imagine the longing that you are feeling. Nine months is long enough to wait when you know that there is a clear time line to meeting your child.
    I am praying for your future daughter and for your family while you wait.
    It was nice to see you Sunday!
    xo,a

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those days! It is so hard not knowing when the waiting will end, but it does, I promise. She will be in your arms one day and it will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...