For me, a name brings a new level of bonding and preparation that we don't have yet. Recently, a good friend of mine had a baby, but they were keeping the baby's name a secret. Can I tell you that it drove me absolutely crazy?!
One of my biggest frustrations is that we don't have a name for our baby. We talk about our baby or our baby sister, but it doesn't flow well for me. She needs a name, but yet we won't settle on a name until after our referral comes because we want to incorporate her Ethiopian name as her middle name.
Megan and Emily's names came so easily for us, and probably this little one's name will too as soon as we get her referral, but until then nothing seems to work for me to refer to her as my child that I already love, but I don't even know her name.
Tony and I had a date night last night (love those :) ) and we talked about names for our baby and nothing was jumping out for both of us.
So, to anyone who is still reading our blog, what are your favorite baby girl names for us to consider for baby girl Weber #3?
Here is my small list. I am sort of weird, as I like to see what the names look like when written with the other kids' names. I think all of these "go" with Megan and Emily and Weber.
ReplyDeleteSamantha – means "God heard"
Laura – means "laurel"
Claire - means "luminous"
We were going to use Samantha if Ezra had been a girl. Love that name. Praying that your daughter is matched to you SOON!
Okay I am not offering you any real names, but I have a suggestion. We gave our unknown children nicknames to refer to them as, Tom and Jerry. I bet your girls would have fun coming up with a nickname to call her for now.
ReplyDeleteIt helped when I blogged because I felt like I was referring to someone, not something. Does that make since?
I love the name "Elizabeth." It is Lily's (my daughter's) middle name. You need a pretty & classic name like that to flow with Megan, Emily and Sara, you know?!
ReplyDeleteJust my opinion though.
Other ones that I think would be pretty:
Lauren
Anna/Ann
Jessica
Nicole
I like Laura, too!
ReplyDeleteI like Abby. It means "A father's joy" and I first thought of it because she (I think) will be from Addis Abba. I could be wrong on that it's just where I saw the dossier ended up. It also sounds great with your other girl's names.
ReplyDelete