Dear baby girl,
Right now it's Saturday night. Daddy is sorting through huge piles of things that have been donated for our garage sale that we are having in a few weeks and he is preparing to show some furniture that we've been given to some people who are coming tomorrow to see if they want to buy it. I've spent the evening editing photos from a recent photoshoot, and I also did the first step of making glass pendants that I've sold. God is providing in so many ways for us to come and get you. You must be so special to Him and you are so special to us. Today marks 8 months since we started our journey to get you. We still don't know anything about you, but we love you so much. I can hardly remember our lives before we started down this road.
Today we went out for lunch between Megan and Emily's soccer games. I heard a baby cry at a table near ours and it made me wonder about you. Are you born? Who holds you when you cry? When you are hungry, do you have enough to eat? Are you warm enough? Do you know that you already have a bedroom with a crib and clothes waiting for you? Your crib bedding arrived today. I got to chose it and order it, but Amma and Papa are buying it for you. They are coming tomorrow, so I am trying to wait until then to open it and see if it is just what I've been wanting. Amma is so anxious to start sewing blankets and baby things for you. We've been working together to create the perfect snuggle blaket for you. Our hold-back is that daddy and I haven't chosen your name yet, and I want your name embriodered on your blankets. So again, we wait.
I'm going to go now to see if Daddy needs some help, or at least some company. But I miss you so much, I just had to write it down so someday you'll know. Though I think you'll know how much you are loved way before you are old enough to read this letter.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment