Friday, September 11, 2009

Support Letters

Yesterday we got our first two support checks and prayer cards. It has been a long week of anticipating the mail each day and then trying not to be disappointed when the mailbox is filled with only bills and junk mail.

Our first support came in person and is a promise (and very generous promise) for monthly support. We are so thankful to have these people in our lives who are showing by their words and actions that they support what we are doing.

Our second support came in the mail and lifted my heart to see that little white envelope with the little map of Africa on it. The check wasn't as large as the first, but it came from a great family who we love and they too gave sacrificially from what they have. To me, their love and support meant more than the money they sent (though we are thankful for the money at the same time).

I also enjoyed the cards sent in by these families sharing their thoughts, hopes, and prayers for our baby. I already have them posted on the cork board in the room that will someday be her room (and the room where I'm sitting right now to write).

I am being reminded that God will supply all of our needs (Philippians 4:19). God cares for us (1 Peter 5:7). God gives us rest for our souls (Matthew 11:28-30).

Sometimes I wish I could get a glimpse of our future family to know that it all works out in the end, but we aren't granted that, and that's why it's called faith (Hebrews 11:6).



  • Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

  • 1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

  • Philippians 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

  • Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...