Lysa TerKeurst has been one of my favorite Bible Study teachers ever since Tony and I had the privilege years ago to pick her up at the airport and drive her to Central's women's retreat in Williams, Arizona. I'm glad I didn't have a grasp of her ministry at that point, otherwise I would have been too "Star Struck" to have fully enjoyed our time and conversation on the drive. We even had to stop at Wal-Mart to get new coats because it was colder than either of us expected. I love my bright orange coat because it is so her, and not me, but fun and out of my normalcy.
But, as I read Lysa's blog as we were deciding where we would adopt from this summer, I learned about her daughter Hope, and her summer spent with the orphans of Ethiopia. I still am amazed about how my heart is growing for a country that I couldn't have placed on a map six months ago, and how much a part of our daily lives that Ethiopia is becoming, even before our baby arrives.
Below is the slideshow of Hope TerKeurst's summer in Ethiopia. I can't wait until Tony and I are there to fully grasp the country, and finally grasp our baby and not let go.
Tony and Sara,
ReplyDeleteMy heart smiles with joy as I look into the eyes of those children! To think that I might have seen the face of a relative that soon will be part of my family, brings a joy that I never expected. The feeling of peace and love that shined from each beautiful face, warmed me like a familiar hug. Thank you for sharing this look into our future.
Love and Blessings,
Grama Star