It feels surreal.
When I was little, I always said that I would have some biological kids, and then I would adopt. And tomorrow we will board a plane to make that dream a reality. In so many ways, Allison is already my daughter. Already Tony's daughter. Already Megan and Emily's sister. And we have missed her so much these 10 weeks.
I am so glad that we followed our hearts last summer. When we knew this was right for us. We could have ignored it, and stayed with things just as they are, but there would have been a piece of our family missing that we would never know.
In 10 days our family will be complete (for now).
Thank you for following us, praying for us, supporting us financially, donating to our garage sales, buying jewelry, and having your pictures taken. Thank you for sweet baby gifts. Thank you in advance for welcoming us home at the airport and celebrating with us. Thank you for the meals that are already lined up so that I will be able to focus on my sweet baby for those all important first weeks home.
I will try to update as often as we can while we are gone, and of course, once we are home.
No comments:
Post a Comment