Monday, February 1, 2010

buybuyBABY Date Night




Last week Emily and I ran into a friend at the library who has adopted from Ethiopia. It was a great unexpected meeting, but we were able to talk for quite a while while Emily and her daughter played. One thing she asked me is what we've done to start getting ready. I told her we haven't done anything, and she suggested that we start thinking about preparing for her arrival. It is true that our referral could still be a ways away, but the time from our referral to our travel will be a whirlwind.
So, on Sunday nights our girls go to Awana, and we get to have a date night. Last night our date night was to the new baby superstore in town, buybuyBABY. It was so much fun to finally be shopping for our baby. I've held off because I knew my excitement would be out of control once we passed that milestone, and I was right. Right now we are focusing on what bedding we want, so then we can paint, look for a crib, and most of all, my mom is going to make a quilt for the baby to match her room. We are also starting to realize just how much "stuff" we have in the office that needs to be relocated.
But as I was looking at all the bedding and baby clothes, it hit me again, that she is probably already born and living in Ethiopia. I have 15 choices of pink and brown blankets, but did she have any blanket to keep her warm last night? I get to choose from 20 different styles of bottles, but did she get enough to eat? My heart aches as I just want to bring her home.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...