Friday, February 5, 2010

The LORD Will Provide

Today we got some bad news. Tony's car needs some major (and very expensive) work. It's a 2001 sedan, so it isn't even worth very much to start.

We are already strained as far as we can go as we pay for our adoption, and then we have this unplanned bump. The money for the repairs is going to have to come out of our adoption fund, and we have to trust God.

So again, I'm turning His word and His promises.

Do you know that the word "provide" is used 101 times in the NIV Bible? And that "provision" is used another 24 times? Now they aren't all referencing financial provision, and God providing for our needs is not the same as God meeting every want that comes across out path. And many of those verses talk about how we are to provide for others. But right now I am trusting Him on our path of adoption and that He will provide a way through this. (Maybe I should do a follow up word study on "trust", "help", and "faith".--Ok, I got on a roll and did look up those words as well.)

Provide:
Genesis 22:14
So Abraham called that place, The LORD Will Provide. And to this day it is said, "On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided."

Trust:
Psalm 9:10
Those who know your name will trust in you,
for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.

Psalm 22:5
They cried to you and were saved,
in you they trusted and were not disappointed.

Help:
Psalm 5:2
Listen to my cry for help
My King and my God
For to you I pray.

Psalm 124:8
Our help is in the name of the LORD
the Maker of heaven and earth.

Faith:
2 Corinthians 5:7
We live by faith and not by sight.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

What a great time that was for me to read and find those verses. I wish I had more time to do just that, but I have to go pick up Emily from pre-school, Megan from school, and now Tony from work since we are currently a one car family, before we head out for soccer practice tonight.

PS - To search out your own truths from God's word, I suggest the website www.BibleGateway.com

1 comment:

  1. Wow...I found you on the She Reads website and was actually just dropping by your blog to say thanks on behalf of Tom Davis for your interest in his book "Scared". But it seems you are already embracing the cause of the orphan in a very personal way! We are getting ready to travel to Ethiopia as well to pick up our son and so I know exactly what you are going through - including the financial aspect of it all! And everything you say above is right...God WILL provide. These are HIS kids who He has placed in our hearts and He will make a way where there seems to be no way. That, I am sure of. We have seen Him provide every penny of our adoption costs and I know God will be faithful to take care of you and your family. Thank you for your heart for the least of these. How it must make God smile!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...