Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fund-raising

$25,000 is harder to come by than we first thought. Though we have been blessed in so many ways, we have also had some support that we had hoped for that has not come through. Our hearts are with our baby, but the money is a constant mountain that we are climbing--one step at a time--and the added trip to Ethiopia has added miles to our climb. We have done support letters, a garage sale, coffee, photo shoots, Thirty-One bags, and necklaces. We have another garage sale coming up, an official Etsy store, and are still praying for our grant from Show Hope to come through.

I am so thankful to our friends and family who have donated money, helped at our garage sale, donated to our garage sale, shopped at our garage sale, bought necklaces, bought coffee, bought Thirty-One bags, scheduled a photo shoot, and many more things that have happened over the past seven months. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Can you help me? What else can we do? What would you support? I've had a sweet friend offer to host a Bunco night at her home with a small "cover charge" to go toward our adoption. Would you come? Another friend has done research on raffles that families had held through their blog to raise money. Would you buy a ticket?

1 comment:

  1. You are doing everything "right"....including trusting our Father in Heaven for provision! Summer is merely days away, and I know the girls like lemonade stands--that's a good one. A raffle is a great idea....maybe for a prize of photo shoot? I'd enter that for sure! I have no clue how to play Bunco, and would probably have a hard time finding someone to watch my kids in order to go. I do have some things for your sale, but I am trying to get everything together so I can bring it all at once. Plus, we are selling our beautiful cherry wood bookcase (its too hard to keep clean) and I was planning to give the money to you. We were just going to donate it to the sale, but its HUGE and HEAVY and I don't know how I would get it down there. I though craigslist would be more convenient!

    Meanwhile, we will continue to pray for the grant and know that God will provide a way for you to bring your daughter home!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...