Monday, March 1, 2010

African Playground

This weekend we took a day trip to Sedona to play in the snow and to visit my grandparents. While in Sedona, we came across a cute little toy store with an assortment of CDs from around the world. This one caught our eye, so we asked the shopkeeper if she could put it on. She did, and we loved it. So we bought it and I just loaded in on my iTunes. It's an interesting dance that we are going to be learning in our lives. Before our adoption, I didn't know much about Africa, and even less about Ethiopia. I am trying to learn as much as I can, as quickly as possible, but it will be a delicate walk between preserving her Ethiopian heritage, and also we want her to feel 100% Weber, and just like all the other American little girls. One huge blessing we have is our Ethiopian adoptive families group, and I am so thankful to have other families to walk this road with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...