With grieving, there is a process of living without the person you love for all the special days during that first year. With adoption, it feels a little backward.
Yesterday was Easter, and I couldn't help but hope that this is our last Easter without our daughter. That next year there will be three Easter dresses and three Easter baskets. It felt like someone was missing when we took a family picture, though she was there in my heart.
I had this feeling at Christmas time, but as we get further and longer into our process she is more and more real to me and I miss her more and more. It's strange how I love someone so deeply that I've never met. I experienced that with both pregnancies, but even still, Megan and Emily were always right with me. Right there, growing inside of me. I still know nothing about our baby girl, yet my heart longs for her more than words can express.
So here is hoping and praying that the anticipating will soon be over before we have to go through too many more holidays and special days without her.
oh i so hope you get your daughter soon. definitely i will be praying for her and for you guys. she's there and you're here and oh i just hope she will be able to come soon. i hope you get to have 3 easter baskets next year, i also hope you get to have 3 stockings this year!
ReplyDelete