Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bringing the Girls in on Our Plan

Sara and I decided that we are moving forward with this adoption and decided that the first people we need to bring in were the future big sisters. We decided that we would take them to lunch at an authentic Ethiopian restaurant. We had heard there was one in Tempe, so we took them to Cafe Lalibela. As we looked over the menu, we decided it would be best to get a suggestion from our server. We took his advice. The meal is served family style, and utensils are not used. I really enjoyed the meal, but I was alone in that feeling. Sara and the girls did not exactly over-indulge, like me.

While we were waiting for our food, we explained to the girls why we were eating at this restaurant. They were very excited (and still are) about having a baby sister. They asked us a bunch of questions about Ethiopia and about when the baby would be home. Most of these we did not know the answer to, but we were very pleased how excited they were. We did explain to them that they were the first people we told and that it was still a secret for our family for a little while longer.


All in all, it was a great experience. Again, I actually loved the food, but Sara noticed a lack of salt, which she craves and I usually shy away from. We can't wait to be done with the secrecy, especially now that the girls are in on it. We are not too worried about Meg, but Emily just might spill the beans.






Posted by Picasa - Tony

1 comment:

  1. This one made me cry... Then i read it to D and cried some more. I'm so happy for you and am crying as i write this.
    -Brenna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...