Today marks 9 months since we started the adoption process. Though in the big picture, nine months isn't that long, it seems like a lifetime ago to think of our life before adoption. I also find it interesting that little Allison was born within days of when we first met with our social worker. So the entire time that we have been working to bring her home, and praying for our baby without knowing who she is, she has been living and growing up in Ethiopia.
Again I struggle with thinking about how much we have missed, but I know that His timing is perfect and we may never know why she's been without us so long. But I know as I look at her big eyes and smile that she is perfect and she is ours.
Nine months is also an interesting marker because if she had been our bio baby, it would be the time to have her and bring her home. But this stage feels like I went into the hospital, through labor and delivery, only to have her born and the Dr. hands me a picture of a nine month old and tells me I can take her home in 4 months, after the court and the US Embassy says it's OK. Hold on Alli, mommy is coming for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment