Today seemed like any other Thursday. I got up, took out the trash, and headed off to work. While at work, I had my email open on a minimized tab so I could see when a message came in. Around 10:30am this morning, up pops a new message. It is a voicemail that was left at home from an out of state number; probably a solicitor or political tele-spam I thought. Just then, my cell phone, which is on the desk next to my computer, starts ringing and is from the same number that just left a message at home.
Then it hits me. I know that area code; it's our agency in Oregon. Also in that split second I remembered that we told the agency to to try the house, then my cell, then Sara's cell. I did not want Sara to get the call while driving and get in an accident.
Well, it was the call that we had been waiting, hoping, and praying to get. It was The Call. I am not really sure how the conversation went, but I do remember her telling me that she was looking at a picture of my daughter.
After hanging up with Dove, I quickly sent an E-mail to my boss explaining that I needed to leave for the day and hit the road. Once in the car, I called Sara. I asked her what she was doing. She was at Home Depot looking at paint colors for our baby's room. I asked her if she could meet me at home to see the pictures of our new daughter together. There wasn't much convincing needed.
On her way home, Sara checked Megan out of school and our "four family" excitedly opened the email to see the little girl who has made us a "five family". She is a healthy and happy 8 month old little angel.
We cannot wait to share more about her, including pictures, in person with all of you who have joined us on this journey. We feel so blessed and are anxious to finish the process to bring her home to her forever family.
No comments:
Post a Comment