Monday, May 17, 2010

Garage Sale and God's Provision


I feel like life is moving so fast right now that I can barely keep up. I used to be so on top of my blogging, and now I have fallen so far behind. But, just because I have been silent, doesn't mean that things haven't been happening in huge ways. Our garage sale was a huge success. Combining our sale with things we have listed and sold using Craig's List, we have raised over $2000! Thank you to everyone who donated, shopped, helped, and prayed. Just like in the fall, we were amazed with our "garage full of love" from our friends and family.

My Etsy store has also taken off, and dollar by dollar we have a sizable chunk stashed away from our necklaces. (http://www.simplesmilesandmore.etsy.com/) Along with Etsy, my photography has also been busy over the past three months. I have loved turning a hobby into a small business and then using that business to raise the money we need to bring Alli home.

With our referral came our last large payment to our agency and we were able, yet again, to cover what we needed without taking out a loan. It hasn't been without sacrifices on all of our family, but our needs are being met, and we have learned so much about simplicity and contentment.

Lastly, I want to praise God for a huge blessing in the way of an anonymous donor who has offered to pay for our tickets for our first trip to Ethiopia (which will be at any time now). As soon as we get our court date and travel dates, we will go over to their home to schedule our flights. What a huge burden that was lifted with just one phone call.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...