Three blog posts in one morning! And that's not even a small fraction of all the things that are floating around in my head. But I want to get them down, both to share with anyone who's following us, but also for Allison to know years from now that we couldn't contain our excitement to bring her home!
My mom has been planning for months to make a lap quilt for me and Alli. Though I'll be tempted to box it away and save it as an heirloom, we want it to be used and loved to play on and snuggle up in (she surprised me at Christmas with a beautiful Christmas quilt that I've already used to snuggle with Megan and Emily). But the thought that came to me just this morning is, out of all the quilt patterns we could have chosen, Allison's quilt will be an "Around the World" quilt. I don't know why it took me so long to realize the significance of it, but Tony and I will go around the world, twice, before we get to bring her home. That she is our daughter, given to us by God, from all the way on the other side of the world. It's something that we're reminded of daily as we pray for Alli (read here).
But now I'm just grateful for my mom and the gift that she is working on, and I can't wait to add Amma's quilt to the room that we are preparing for Alli.
No comments:
Post a Comment