Today marks two months since our referral of sweet Allison. Back in May I would have guaranteed you that we would have been to Ethiopia and back by now. That I would be posting pictures of her and of our trip (because once we've adopted her through Ethiopian court, I can share her picture). That I would be putting the final touches on her room. That we would have our adoption final and we'd be leaving any day to travel back to Ethiopia for our Embassy date to bring her home. But that isn't how it has worked out.
It's hard. It's hard to know that she is growing up in the orphanage without us. It's hard to think about all the things I'm missing. It's hard to feel like our family is in limbo, not knowing when our travel dates will come.
It will come, and I know that. But here I sit....waiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment