We are learning that there has been a major change in adoption in Ethiopia. We will need to be in Ethiopia for court which is a few weeks after our referral (which we anticipate will happen anytime between now and 4 months from now), then after about a week in Ethiopia we will go back home without her. After 6-8 weeks we will travel back for a second trip to Ethiopia to bring her home. This is not what we had planned, but another step in patience, change, and trusting God.
Our first prayer request is financial. We will need about $5000 per trip, and our finances are running low (plus one more agency payment). We trust that God can provide, but we ask that you pray on our behalf. The second is excitement that our travel to Ethiopia may be sooner than we thought and that we will get to hold our sweet baby, but my heart aches at the thought of meeting her, and then having to return home, leaving her at the orphanage.
Because this was a sudden and immediate change, there are still a lot of unanswered questions. I will keep our blog updated as I get information.
Thanks for walking alongside us.
I know it may be difficult to understand about the bumps in the road, but like you said God will provide. He has a big plan for you guys! Thanks for the updates. I do read them, just can't get on to comment a lot anymore.
ReplyDeletexoxo
All the families are in my prayers. I know this is a big financial burden for a lot of people.
ReplyDelete