Friday, August 20, 2010

The End Is In Sight

Today we got the call we've been waiting for, we have an Embassy date for September 30th in Ethiopia. That means that we will fly back to Addis, visit Allison on Monday and Tuesday at the orphanage, take custody of her on Wednesday, attend our meeting at the US Embassy on Thursday (that grants her immigration into the US) and start our journey home on Friday.

The end of September seems so far and so close at the same time. I want to have her in my arms now, but in the big picture 6 more weeks is not that long to wait. The end is in sight, but at the same time, it isn't that the end is in sight, it's that the beginning is in sight. The beginning of our 5 family, finally together.

The timing is also interesting because we arrive home just as Megan and Emily start their 2 1/2 week October break. It isn't how I would have arranged it. I was hoping for a week or two for Alli and me to get adjusted before having the big girls home, but we'll make it work.

My baby is coming home!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for the great news! Our prayers are continually being answered! I can't think of a better birthday present I have ever received! You both going to bring Allison home!

    Love and Blessings to you all! ~Grama Star

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...