Hello from our last morning in Ethiopia. We fly out tonight and though we've had an amazing trip, we are ready to be home with our other two babies.
Yesterday was one of the hardest days of my life as we had our third and final visit with Allison. Though we are legally her parents, Toukoul (the orphanage) still works in the best interest in the children, and have limited us to three, two hour visits this week. I understand in my head why it is best for her, but in my heart it is going to be a long hard time until we are back to see her again. Please pray that everything goes smoothly and quickly for our US Embassy appointment.We we got back to the hotel, I was drained emotionally and physically and fell asleep before dinner, and slept until this morning. I guess I really needed it.
These last few days are made even harder because a large group, both from France and the US have arrived for their Embassy appointments and will the checking out their children this morning and will have them at the hotel for the rest of the day. Plus, we have been checked out of our room and will have no where to go but to watch these families with these children. We are happy for them, and there are many reasons why we are grateful to have had this first trip to see the country and meet Allison earlier, but it will still be a hard afternoon.
But again, we are so excited to be home with our other girls and get everything ready for Alli.
Your girls will be so happy to have you home. It has been an amazing week for the two of you and we will pray that the time preparing for Alli's homecoming will be exciting, fun and reasonably short!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like it was an amazing journey. I can't imagine how hard it was to say goodbye to your girl. But only goodbye for now. I am at home anxiously awaiting T to get home tomorrow and to see pictures and hear stories of all of the Ethiopian adventures. Wishing you a safe flight home.
ReplyDeleteMy heart cries for what you are going through. I know that it is just another step in the wonderful journey that will end with Alli being home with her forever family. My prayers and blessings are with you as you leave our little girl and travel home. We will all be anxious to hug you and hear everything. Be safe and know that you are loved!
ReplyDelete