Monday, August 9, 2010
PHX to AMD
Friday, July 30th we headed out from our house early, early in the morning. We were finally starting our journey to Allison, by way of Phoenix, JFK, and Amsterdam (and later on to Kartoum (Sudan) and eventually Addis Ababa -- that's a lot of boarding passes). We had no clue what to expect but we were on our way. We had short layovers so that the overall journey would be easier to handle, but that also meant running through JFK. We made it to our gate as they were making the final boarding call. Though it wasn't so bad since it was just the two of us. I had a lot of things packed to pass the time on our flights, but didn't use most of what I brought. Though through the course of the trip I almost finished three Karen Kingsbury books (thanks Gail for loaning those to me).
On approach into both JFK and Amsterdam it reminded me of how much I love to travel and see new places. I'll just have to add both of those places to my list -- after heading back to Ethiopia of course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment