Sunday, August 29, 2010

Pictures

So, when we went to Ethiopia, I took just over 1400 pictures. When we got home I narrowed it down by half. To have pictures ready for Allison's baby shower I chose my favorite 100 to edit, print, and make into a slide show. But now I am going back to my 700 to re-edit to make a photo book of our trip.

I love Ethiopia. I love the people and the landscape. I love the cathedrals and the teff fields. I love the bustling city of Addis and I love the village where 32 people lived together on their farm, truly the simple life without even electricity or plumbing.

But most of all I love Allison. And as I go through all my pictures again (while the house is quiet because Tony, Megan, and Emily are at Awana on Sunday nights), I miss her so much. I miss her smile with her one little tooth popping through. I miss her tiny little curls and her huge eyes. I miss her soft chocolate skin. Thankfully, in less than a month she will be in my arms again.

And once that happens, I won't have time to edit my pictures and put together an album from our first trip. So, I'd better get back to work.

1 comment:

  1. Yes get it done now! I can't wait to see it. I also can't wait to meet Allison.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...