Dear Megan and Emily,
I am so proud of you. This year has changed you as you have opened your heart to love your sister a half a world away. I know that you are so sad that you can't go to Ethiopia with us this week. I know you are sad because you want to meet Alli almost as much as mommy and daddy want to. I know you are sad because it's so hard to say goodbye to your mommy and daddy for a week as they travel to such a far away and different place.
But I know that God chose our family to take this path because He loves us and He knows that we can do the tough things. I know I had to remind you of that tonight Megan and we cried together in your bed because we are going to miss each other like crazy when daddy and I are gone. But I know that you have wisdom beyond your seven years, and I am so proud to be your mommy. Emily, most five year olds don't even know that there is a country called Ethiopia, but you know that your sister in there waiting to be our five family. You love her "so stinkin' much" and can't wait to be her big sister.
This week will have its tough moments while we are apart, but I love you both so much and Alli will be so blessed to have such great big sisters.
Love,
Mommy
What a beautiful letter to your girls. And you've made me realize I can leave my baby girl for a week as well. It will be very hard, but oh so worth it to bring our son home.
ReplyDeleteSafe travels to you on your journey. :)
Good luck on your journey. May you have a blessed and happy meeting with Alli. She will be in your arms---something you have dreamed about for so long. I am so excited for your family. Be safe...
ReplyDeleteSara,
ReplyDeleteThis was a beautiful letter. It made my tears start flowing! We are leaving on the 28th for our first visit with our little girl in Bulgaria and I am struggling with leaving our boys behind. Your letter said it all!
Lori