After months of waiting, with my heart aching almost more than I could bear at times, we have our court date. On August 5th, we will stand in the Ethiopian courts to declare that we want Allison Weber to be our daughter forever.
We anticipate we will be in Ethiopia that entire week, though we still have some questions before we finalize our travel plans.
Nothing like cutting it close, the courts are closing on August 9th for the rainy season. Fortunately, the US Embassy doesn't close, so we will go back (probably in October) for our Embassy interview and to bring her home!
Another huge praise is that I was so scared that we would be in Ethiopia for the girls' first day of school, and my heart was breaking at the thought, especially thinking of missing Emily's first day of Kindergarten. But we will leave a few days after school starts!
Hang on Allison! Mommy and daddy are coming as fast as we can. We love you!
Congratulations! I am so so very thrilled to read that you have got your court date. This is so exciting. If you need help with the girls while you are away---I am available! I am so happy for you all! xoxo
ReplyDelete