It is Sunday afternoon in Addis. We made it without any incident. Both suitcases arrived. Our driver was right at the airport and immediately took us to the hotel. We checked in and they took us straight to dinner. Everything is wonderful.
But, the best part is that we got to meet Allison this morning. She is absolutely perfect. She let us hold her and play with her and walk around the orphanage without any fear or intimidation of us. I know that it is a God thing that she acted like she already knew us! Thank you for all your prayers. She is healthy and I am not going to be able to wait to bring her home.
Also, we are having phone/texting issues, so we are not able to check in like we hoped. But we are trying to get that resolved.
If someone can call or contact my parents, please tell them to call the hotel (they have the number) and they can connect them to our room. Right now we don't have a way to call out.
You say she let you hold her and play with her and walk around so casually(the tears were pouring when I read that). God is good and I could not be more happy for you. You didn't post on your anxiety but I am sure that is because holding her far out weighed anything but I will keep praying sista ....with love, prayers, and tears of joy.
ReplyDeleteProud Auntie Lisa
I am so happy for you guys. Enjoy your time in Ethiopia!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing experience! Prayers will continue for all of you during your time there and traveling back. God is good!
ReplyDeleteYea! Praise God!
ReplyDeleteWOOOOHOOOOO!!! Awesome news, guys. God is with you every step of the way! xoxox
ReplyDeleteThanks for the updates!! !I just wanted to let you know we're praying for y'all on this journey!!!
ReplyDelete