I love this picture of this Ethiopian man. When we met him, he was walking up a mountain on his way to the church.
It makes me think of how I can struggle getting my family to church, four miles away, in our SUV. Plus, when we are late and the parking lot is busy (or it's just really hot), I usually have Tony drop me and the girls off right by the entrance then he goes to park. What if I had to walk up a mountain?
He lives a simpler life allows for a more focused devotion to God that I think we in America often miss, and are worse off for it. Plus, it wasn't Sunday. How often does he make his pilgrimage each week? How far would I walk to worship? It makes me think of his pilgrimage as part of his worship to God. Not just the singing. Or the tithing. Or the working your shift in the nursery. But living a life that worships at all costs. For me it isn't walking up a mountain to attend church, but I need to live a life that worships when ever and how ever I am called to worship.
Thank you Lord for using this Ethiopian man to teach a lesson to this suburban, stay at home mom.


Awesome perspective! Love it!
ReplyDeleteLove this picture sara, definitely my favortie!
ReplyDelete