Friday, September 24, 2010

What Happened?


This is where I should be. On a flight, on my way to bring Allison home. And up until last Thursday, I had no doubt that September 24th would find me on a flight to Ethiopia.

I think I have aged 10 years in the past week. So many uncertainties, and changes. But now, today is here, and we did not get the answer we were hoping and praying for. I am here, and Allison is in Ethiopia. For two more weeks.

What I really don't understand is why 3 of our 7 families are either in Addis or on their way. Why the Embassy didn't accept our file, but accepted theirs. No one has answers for us, and we may never know. But they are the three families who contacted the Embassy themselves when we were asked not to. We did what we were asked to do, and we sit at home. What happened?

I know that in a year this will all be a distant memory of a bump in the road, but today is a hard day.

Thankfully I have great girlfriends, and I am heading over to meet them for coffee and friendship. I just don't think I could stay home by myself doing my normal stay at home mom thing.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...