I know that many of you have heard about our new 2 week delay in our adoption, but I want to quickly explain what happened, and why we got bumped.
In short, the US embassy in Ethiopia is moving. Yes...really. They have been building a new embassy for a couple of years and it is ready. During the time they are moving, there will be no appointments, so we got pushed back 2 weeks.
Our group of 7 families from our agency have become "The Guinea Pig Group". We got to be one of the first groups required to make the additional trip for court, and now we get "the privilege" of christening the new embassy. Don't get me wrong, I like new adventures, but with Sara and I both being planners, we could use a little less new and a little more status quo for the rest of this process.
It really is a huge bummer, isn't it? Thinking of you and Sara as we all wait even longer to meet our loves.
ReplyDelete