Friday, September 17, 2010
Loving Ethiopia: Day 17
I've had to change the title of my daily photo posts. It is no longer a countdown of 23 days. On September 24th, when I thought I'd be done blogging, and on a flight to Addis, I will still be here. Waiting.
So I'm now titling my posts, "Loving Ethiopia", because that's what I'm doing. I'm loving Ethiopia through pictures for all the world to see, and especially for Allison when she grows up and wants to know more about her first home. To know that we didn't decide on international adoption to be able to gift a child with US Citizenship and save them from a life in a dismal country. But we chose to adopt because of the very sad truth that there are mommies and daddies who can't raise their babies, and that leaves an innocent baby without a family. But we have a family longed for another baby, and had room in our hearts for her, however she came to us. And she came to us from a beautiful, wonderful, first home.
So Allison, this is from the top of Entoto Mountain, overlooking your home city of Addis Ababa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment