Wednesday, September 1, 2010

23 Days of Ethiopia: Day 1

We have 23 days until we go back to Ethiopia to bring Allison home, so I'm going to try to blog about 23 pictures from our trip. One each day.

This first one is what it's all about (besides Alli-and I still can't post pictures of her). It is Toukoul's "Blue Gate". When we first learned about adopting from Ethiopia, and decided on going through Dove, and learned that they partnered with Toukoul, we searched Toukoul on YouTube and saw videos of family after family meeting their children after passing through this blue gate.

So, as we arrived in Addis on Saturday night, and headed to Toukoul on Sunday morning, I could only think about meeting Allison after passing through this infamous gate. And we did. And of course, as you know, we met her and she is perfect. We passed through this gate many times during our week, and each one stirred my heart.

And I think about her and miss her as she is still being loved and cared for behind this blue gate. Until we go back to bring her home. Finally we will drive out of that blue gate one last time and she will be with us: forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...