Saturday, September 25, 2010
Loving Ethiopia: Day 25
The interior of the Holy Trinity Cathedral was amazing. Up near the ceiling was this painting of the Trinity; God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. Around the Trinity are four icons of Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John though they are depicted as a man, an eagle, a lion, and an ox (though I don't remember who is what and why-I need to research that).
On this trip, and also when I went to Eastern Europe in college, it is so interesting to me to see different cultures worship. It makes me analyze what I believe and what is Biblically based, and what is based on culture and tradition. But it also reminds me that I love and serve a big God, who is God no matter what side of the globe I am on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment