Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tears

It's amazing how quickly each day gets easier and better since our huge disappointment on Thursday. But still, I can spontaneously burst into tears.

On Saturday at breakfast, it was when Emily prayed for mommy not to be sad that she has to wait longer to get Alli. So many tears that I had to leave our family breakfast that Tony had made and just go to Alli's room to cry and pray.

And today, was my best day yet, until I tried to tell Tony that one of the families in our group who got to keep their September 30th date had posted on their blog. I was ok reading it, and I am happy for them, but so sad for us. But when the words were coming out of my mouth, the tears beat me to it. Sobs of disappointment and ache.

So I wipe away the tears, and just keep breathing. One moment at a time, until it is our time to bring Allison home.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you are struggling Sara. Last night T and I watched the video he took of our son when he was in Ethiopia with your group. In the background, were you and Tony holding your baby girl! It gave me goosebumps as I hadn't seen her before. She's beautiful, and I can't wait to meet her (and you guys!) in person very soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leah. For the most part, I am doing so much better than over the weekend, and it's just good to know that we have an answer, even if it isn't the one we wanted.

    99% of the time I'm doing really well, but it just surprises me when tears come without warning. Like when I ready N&T's blog. I was totally fine, but then I was telling Tony about it, and just started to cry.

    Oh for this all to be over and hanging out in Ethiopia together with our kiddos!

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...