Wednesday, September 8, 2010
23 Days of Ethiopia: Day 8
Simplicity.
That seems to be a running theme as I reflect on our time in Ethiopia. This picture was taken from a road that overlooks a village on the way up a mountain. There are houses in between the fields, and I wonder about the people who live there. I can't imagine that they lead a rushed and crazy life, but I assume that they are happy and content (I'm basing that assumption by the faces of the Ethiopians we met that day). I assume that the neighbor children play together and that they aren't being rushed off from soccer to dance to piano to Girl Scouts. Not that those things are bad by themselves. But again, my time in Ethiopia makes me step back and reevaluate how we are living our lives and if we have the balance that God created for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment