We are so close to have hit a bump in the road now, but that's exactly what has happened. Through this entire process every payment has been made. We held fundraisers, collected donations, and have trimmed our family budget everywhere we can. But we are now weeks from bringing Allison home and we have been hit with $2500 in unexpected medical bills and have our $5000 for second travel sitting in credit card limbo. And our savings is gone.
So we are again, trusting that God will provide. And I need to remember that He will give me today my daily bread. Daily bread. Just what I need for today (need--not everything we want). We can't pay the $2500 off right now, but we believe that the medical bills can be divided into interest free payments. I hate to be in debt and it makes me worry about the big picture future, but I need to focus on just needing my daily bread. The airline tickets and hotel costs are on credit cards and we have a few weeks to make a plan before they are due. God will meet our daily needs. I like to have a financial safety net (and there are lots of good reasons to have that), but for us, right now, we have taken a step of faith and it's a little foggy how this will all come together. That why it's faith.
It's funny, but today as I was volunteering at the girls' school, I started talking with a mom. Our adoption came up and she said, "I don't think I could spend all the money that it takes for adoption." Hmmm. Thanks for the reminder God that this is about a little girl who needs a mommy, a daddy, and two big sisters. It's not about the money.
But, we still have needs to meet, so if you feel able, you can give a secure gift through the PayPal link on the left side of our blog. All gifts help. Big or small. And thank you again to everyone who has already sacrificed and given through this journey. It means so much to us.
It reminds me of all the times I came across the question of "How much did it cost?" Well, I had many clever responses, but the best: Not a penny too much. It isn't about the money---it is about the fact that we/you are/will be providing a home and family for our/your daughters'! Lily and Alli are two special baby girls. :) Lucky for us, that we have this special bond that not many people wish to experience. It's like a special secret of amazing journeys and love and if you don't embark on it; you will never truly get to feel this incredible amount of love that has existed and grown for a child that was not "born" into your family--but nonetheless; is truly meant for your family. Just my opinion...
ReplyDelete