- We get to meet up with our friends, Ryan and Melanie, in Ethiopia. They will be there for their court date and we hope to do a day trip with them.
- We weren't faced with the financial decision and burden of changing our tickets back to our original dates.
- Tony has some responsibilities at work that make it hard for him to take off at the beginning of the month. This moves us to return home at the middle of the month.
- My grandma (my dad's mom) went into the hospital yesterday, and might have had a stroke, so my parents are currently up in Sedona/Cottonwood with her trying to figure everything out.
- I get to spend the first 4 days of Megan and Emily's October break at home with them. (Let us know if you want to have a play date.)
- The girls will be out of school while we are in Ethiopia, allowing Amma and Papa to take them places, do things, and spoil them more.
- Megan and Emily will then be home with us for two days once we are home, but then will be back in school, allowing Tony and me to fully focus on Allison and her needs during the day.
- We will get to take Megan and Emily to a Diamondbacks game on Friday night with free tickets they earned through our library's summer reading program.
- Tony and I will be able to attend Megan and Emily's 1st quarter conferences at school.
- I get to fit in a few more kid free breakfasts, coffee dates, and lunches with girlfriends.
- Maybe Tony and I can fit in one more date night because it will be awhile before we can leave Alli with anyone.
I want so badly to be leaving on Friday, but since we aren't, I need to get back up and move forward. I know there will still be tears and longing, but thank you for your love, prayers, and encouragement.
This is a great list Sara! Although I know what you mean, nothing would be better than leaving THIS Friday. I'm not going to lie. . . I have plenty of things to do in the next 2.5 weeks, but I'd rather return to a life of chaos if it meant meeting my baby that much sooner. So it goes. . .
ReplyDeleteI'm proud of you for making this list.
ReplyDeleteLogan and my hubby are going to the Dbacks game on Friday, too! (Thanks to the summer reading program! Look for them!)
ReplyDelete