Thursday, September 16, 2010

Two More Weeks

2 weeks
14 days
336 hours
20160 minutes
1209600 seconds

In the course of one phone call, that's how much longer was added to our wait to see, hold, kiss, and bring home Allison.  Tony got a phone call this morning (our wise social worker called him rather than calling me) to tell us that the US Embassy in Addis is moving, and so they are rescheduling our court date for October 14th, rather than September 30th. Just like that, our world is turned upside down. Two additional weeks of waiting. (Not to mention the change in airfare. Tony is on the phone right now.)

Just when I didn't think I couldn't wait 8 more days, now we don't leave for 22 days. Right now my heart is breaking and the tears are flowing.

I miss you so much Allison!

3 comments:

  1. I thought of you and Tony immediately after I got my call. I know it's only 2 more weeks, but it seems like FOREVER. . . especially when our precious children are there. . . waiting.

    I hope you guys had good luck with the airline. They originally quoted us at an astronomical amount to change, but then it got a little better.

    I even packed last night for our precious boy. I'm just gutted and have been crying ever since the phone call. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry. I know this really hurts. It is so very hard to be so far from your child. (((HUGS to you both)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about this...sending hugs your way and to your girlies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...